Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gluten free eating: not so bad afterall

Here are just a few of the things I have been making since we've changed Kailey's diet: Pretzels, cheese nips, cookies and bread. She really likes the bread and she also likes the cheese nips (I can't blame her, I think the nips are pretty dang good myself!) She has never been a huge cookie eater so she will take a bit her and there but has yet to eat a whole one. The pretzels don't look so bad but I need to work on the texture. They started out too soft so I put them in the oven @ 200 degrees but it must have been too long because now they are super hard. Maddie likes gnawing on them though so I guess they aren't a complete lost cause!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

wow! Good for you...where'd you get the cheese nips recipe? That sounds good!

Anonymous said...

Well it sure looks good!!

The Special Reds said...

You're a natural gluten free chef! It looks so good! Breadmakers are great, too, considering how much break you'll be making now.

Mary said...

Wow! I just scanned through the last few months I've missed out on--they have been very eventful for your clan! I'm glad to hear Kailey is on the good road up and she is so lucky to have such a great Mom making her all those yummy things to eat. Poor girl!

Cassavaugh Family said...

You made those pretzels!? WOW that is cool. Cheese nips too. You are doing great!