Saturday, March 7, 2009

Keeping Warm

This is how Bobby found Liam last night when he went to check on him before heading off to bed. The bottom half of him is tucked into the pillowcase that was on the pillow he is sleeping on and he has some pants and a shirt tucked around his chin. No we don't deprive our children of blankets. In fact, he IS on top of his bed spread. He has just never liked sleeping under it. He usually has a pile of blankets that he sleeps with but they were upstairs in Kailey's room waiting for him.

Ever since we've moved into our house two years ago I've felt guilty about having Liam downstairs by himself (we live in a bi-level) but he did pretty well with bedtime so we went through with it. He is more and more aware of his loneliness in the dark lower level though so recently we let him lay out a sleeping bag on Kailey's floor upstairs and sneak in after she has gone to sleep so they don't keep each other up by going to bed at the same time. Well, The picture above was Liam "waiting" to go up to Kailey's room. apparently he pooped out a little early and with his blankets being upstairs this is what he came up with. Anything to keep warm I guess! Too funny!

4 comments:

Honey said...

That's awesome.

The Mink Family said...

Awe....I love those "sleeping" pictures!

Anonymous said...

That Rocks!

Chieko said...

That's cute. I understand the guilt. We have J sleeping alone in the first floor while the rest of us sleep upstairs. But J sleeps with our dog, and that makes us feel better. (not that I suggest a puppy at your home, but you know...)