Monday, March 30, 2009

Dow Gardens and Butterfly House

Though it was a little chilly it was fun to walk around Dow gardens and check out the butterflies. When we went two year ago Liam was so afraid of the butterflies. This year is was trying to pick them up. Kailey on the other hand was freaked out and wanted to get out but managed to hang out for a while with us.

This was in a little garden for kids and I thought it was so cute! It looks like a mammoth.
Maddie Chillin. She was so mellow most of the time but ready to go by the end.

The stream at Dow Gardens

Just loungin at Boulder pass

Cute kids posing for a pic

My little growing butterfly

Liam the butterfly

MacKenzie flowers

Bobby and Maddie. She was so Chill the whole time

The Kids and I in the butterfly house .

I love this picture!

This was a HUGE butterfly that kept landing on Kailey's coat. I couldn't ever catch it with its wings open but it was a beautiful sky blue color.

Squinty eyes!

You can't see it in the picture but this butterflies left wing was partially gone.

Bridge in Dow gardens

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like lots of fun! Maddie's cheeks look so kissable! I just love 'em!

Cassavaugh Family said...

What fun! I have been thinking of the butterfly house. Hard to believe I took the boys a year ago. Seems like yesterday. Glad Liam was not freaked out this time. Sam has been pretending to be a butterfly lately and wrapping up in a blanket and slowly working out. I think it is a good sensory thing for him.