Thursday, September 11, 2008

Liam's turn... and some more of Kailey too

Liam Started school on Tuesday this week. He was really excited and had a great first day! He even got to ride the bus home!!! He was so excited about that. I explained to him how he had to follow the bus rules and with the biggest smile ever he said "I'm a big boy, I will follow the rules"! When he got home from his first bus ride he ran to me and said " I did good. I stayed in my seat the whole time" It was too cute. The second day they had a mix up and put him on the wrong bus so it took an extra 25 minutes for him to get home. I was worried but he handled it fine. Today he thought he got on the wrong bus and his bus driver said he was really upset and crying. She said after she reassured him that he was in the right place and told him his address he calmed down. She said she is going to put a picture in the window so that he and the other children can recognize their bus. Whew! He was relieved to know he was in the right place. So besides a little bus trauma the first week of school has gone well!

Liam after his FIRST bus ride home!
Liam sitting at group time.
Taking the troopers to school. Kailey gets to help drop Liam off first and she is so excited to know that THIS year she gets to go play at HER school.
It is so cute to watch Kailey walk around with this backpack on because she is so tiny that is takes up like half of her body. She feels pretty special with it on!
Circle time.
Kailey's preschool is AWESOME! Right now there are only 6 kids and 5 adults! They get TONS of one on one time and they also have speech, occupational, and physcal therapy with the graduate students that work with them through the college here. I'm grateful she gets to be in this program.

3 comments:

Cassavaugh Family said...

Yeah! Sounds great. I can just hear Liam saying I did good. I'm excited he gets to have bus experience. I have never been a bus fan until this year. I think its good for them. :) I was noticing how big Kailey's backpack is compared to her. It is very cute. But all the pink and purple today was really cute. What a great teacher/student ratio!!!

The Oman Family said...

Yea, I stole your background idea. I liked it, its perfect for fall! Your kids are cute. Liam cracks me up!

Melanie said...

You're so brave. I don't know if I could send my little 4 year old on the bus! How'd you get so much courage!!?? Shaylene is living in San Diego while Shaun is working on a boat for the Navy I think. It's just for a couple of months though, and then they go back to either Oregon or Washington. Like I said, I only saw her for a brief moment, but she was just as wonderful as ever. And, we also ended up sending Ian to a second year of preschool.I feel really good about it...more at peace than sending him to kindergarten.As you can tell, I'm a scaredy cat!