well since I didn't get much of a letter out this year, I figure writing it out on the blog is a perfect way to reach some of our friends and fam. Feel free to write back and let us know how you are doing too!
Kailey is learning more and more each day. Sometimes we like to call her our little Chinese girl because half of what she says sound like Chinese! She has been a little behind on picking up words so she started speech this fall which she loves. Marcia comes to visit and play for an hour each week and we go to Sara for a half hour each week to work/play. It is good for Kailey since she is jealous of Liam going to preschool. She has made leaps and strides in the last two months with talking. She is also our little computer machine. She wants to play "memo" or Elmo every moment she can, among the other games she likes. We may be creating a computer monster! She also loves puzzles, singing, dancing, and even tormenting her older brother by taking his toys and running with anticipation that he is not far behind!
Liam LOVES preschool! he has made lots of friends and loves to build and sing and play and do all the things that little preschoolers do. He never ceases to amuse me with his funny phrases. His latest is, when I call him he says "Yes ,my lady". Just today I was making some cookies and he came up and said "Mom, can I help you make cookies because I am very handy!" despite the occasion power struggles I love his age. It is fun to see him learning and growing each day. He is energetic and so enthusiastic about life! He is still a train freak and got a "Grand Central Station" for his birthday of which he plays with at least 10 times a day! Liam also loves to act like he is Santa and drops off presents to mom throughout the day. He says "when I grow up to be an dult (adult) I want to be Santa Claus." I just tell him "Oh you will be Santa Claus in one form or another!"
Bobby continues to plug away at Leprino Foods as a Manager. He is still working nights (Blah!)
but manages to survive it. It isn't his dream job but he is learning a lot about what he does and does not like. He does on the other hand love being home with the kids and goofing off on a regular basis. I like to call him my third child, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
Debbie is starting to get into the "I'm tired of being pregnant but not quite ready to have the baby" phase. I'm about 6 months now and feel like I'm 8 1/2! I think living in a Bi-level is good for me because it keeps me moving between the kids and the kitchen! I'm glad for the little bit of exercise it gives me anyhow! I am still serving in the primary with the kiddos and love it. I enjoy having a calling for longer than a year. It seems that it takes about that long to really get into the groove and get to know all of the kids names, interests, etc. Being the secretary helps me keep up on my organizational skills, or lack there of! I really enjoy it and am learning a lot.
We love this this time of year as I'm sure many of you do. We are grateful for the opportunity it gives us to reflect on the birth and life of Christ. It is also such a special time we get to also reflect on the events of the past year and enjoy friends and family. We wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Love,
The MacKenzies
1 comment:
Happy New Year - my getting bigger every minute MacKenzie family. Liam is so handsome & Kailey is too beautiful. I've never "blogged" b-4, how awesome to see all these pics of your family! do we know what #3is yet? will add this to my fav's to keep an EYE on you guys, lots of love, Aunt Michele
Post a Comment