Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Read any Good Books Lately?

K, So I'm not the biggest reader in the world. But there is something about this season that makes me want to just cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and a good book. Have any suggestions? Start off easy on me! Something that is an easy read and keeps your attention well (my minds tends to wander sometimes; maybe that is where Liam gets is from, lol!) Thanks for any and ALL suggestions :o)

11 comments:

G said...

The last thing I finished reading was "The Book Thief." I loved it. But I don't know if I would call it an "easy" read.

You should check out GoodReads.

xunil2 said...

The last book I read was called "Chaos: making a new science"

The one I'm reading now?
"A new kind of science."

The one before the chaos book?
"Corrupted Science"

Before that?
"When Science goes wrong."

Yeah, I am THAT much of a geek.
I'm also reading "The Picture of Dorian Gray", which I think the RS book club read.

And I second Gretchen...check out goodreads.com Sarah and I are both on it.

Melanie said...

I LOVE the book called, "Star Girl," by Jerry Spinelli. It's young adult so it's a easy read and very capitvating. I've recommended it to several people and they all really like it. It also has a sequel called, "Love, Star Girl." If you don't read that, I'd recommend most Young Adult Lit. It's easy and fun to read!

Leslie & Matt said...

I agree on the young adult stuff-I have also read Star Girl & enjoyed it. I just finished a book called The Goose Girl and couldn't put it down! It is a little bit "magic-y" and at first I was like, hmm...this girl is wierd, but I was very glad I kept reading past the first chapeter. Also, it only took me a couple of days to read!

Cassavaugh Family said...

OK here are my suggestions for easy reads that left me feeling happy. These are not necessarily top selling books but ones I found enjoyable. Also now that you are on Goodreads you will see all of my books that I felt enough to comment on. There are others besides these. A couple of these might be hard to find but I think I have them, maybe in a box in the basement . . .

The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom

All Moms Go To Heaven - Dean Hughes

The Lemon Jelly Cake - Madeline Smith

The Ultimate Gift (movie eddition by Rene Gutteridge) Don't read the original by Jim Stovall - not terribly engaging. Great time of year to read this.

Debbie and Bobby said...

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

middledavis said...

Debbie,
Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciated your comments. I have a book to recommend. It's called "Christmas Jars". Very short book, but very good for Christmas, or any time.

Also, anything by Chris Stewart is good and can be found at Deseret Book.

I agree with the comments about young adult literature. I find many favorites in that category. (Have you read "Artemis Fowl"?)

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear from you. I enjoyed your blog, too. It was good to see your family pictures.
-Frances English

Anonymous said...

Well, since nobody else said it, I will. The Twilight series!! It's my favorite. Just in case you aren't familiar with it, it's be Stephenie Meyer, she has another book that's really great too, called The Host.

And what a small world that Cliff's cousin is in your ward! She is one that I have never actually met. I heard she's great though!

The Oman Family said...

I have always loved Mara, daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw. Also, most of Betsy Brannon Green. My favorite of hers is Hearts in hiding. She does have a lot of good quick books. Have fun reading!

Mary said...

Are you signed up for goodreads? A great place to find out what your friends are reading and get some ideas!

kiki said...

"The Last Lecture" by:Randy Pausch