About a month ago, I contacted a friend, Theresa, from the township that I worked within the past and that my dad worked with as well, and told her about my Dad's situation. She took the info and got the ball rolling on preparing a proclamation to be presented to him. My Mom and I provided her with info on his life.
My mom's RS president emailed the members of their ward and informed them of the event also, so there were a dozen or so people from their ward there to support and all of my dad's former bosses. Even though Dad wasn't able to vocalize his feelings, his countenance said it all. He was emotional and delighted, as the top picture shows above! That is one of the biggest smiles I've seen on him in a while, partly due to the tumors on his brain, which has made him lose function on the left side of his body. It was a lovely blessing and their local observer is going to be doing a story on it soon. Thank you Theresa and all who helped to honor my dad. So exciting!!!
1 comment:
Beautiful & moving Deb. Thanks for sharing with us. xoxo
Post a Comment