Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley




President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away yesterday with his family and friends around him. I was saddened to hear the news as he has been president for almost half of my life. I will miss his wittiness, optimism, sense of humor and words of faith. We are grateful for his example of faith and hard work. He truly was called of God to lead His church. We hope he has a chance to rest for a bit but knowing him he is probably hard at work on the other side! We would love to hear your feelings as well. If are unfamiliar with President Hinckley and would like to learn more about this beloved Prophet or the church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) please click here .

1 comment:

Nan and Aaron said...

I have been surprised how emotional his passing has been for me. On Saturday we watched his funeral. My husband and I sat in front of the computer just crying as they sang the final song and showed pictures of the wonderful life he has lead. He has been such a dynamic leader and has done so much as far as getting the word of the church out to the world. I hope I do not soon forget his cute little voice and the wave of his cane. He was a wonderful prophet and will be missed.