Kailey was behind with speaking quite a bit but has grown so much. 4 months ago I don't think she had a single word except for maybe uh-oh. Now she says all of her abc's and can recognize them by pointing and reciting them. She also recognizes and counts to 10. She is saying lots of words and short 2-4 word sentences. Certainly everything she says isn't clear or understandble to more than Bobby and I or her speech teacher, but I am so proud of her accomplishments in the last few months. She has also graduated into a big girl bed just in time for us to use the crib for the baby on the way. I always worry and fret transitions like that but it happened so much more smoothly than I expected and I don't think she would ever go back now. She enjoys her freedom too much and now mom and dad can lay down with her on occasion, which she thinks is pretty cool! I'm also always a little sad for the youngest as we prepare to welcome the next baby to our home because it sort of replaces their "baby" status. I'm sure it will be a little rough at first but soon it will seem no different. My baby girl is growing up!
4 comments:
Wow, Melissa doesn't even know her ABC's yet. I guess I should get working on that!
I can't take much credit for it. we have a little Vtech toy and some games on the computer that she enjoys WAY too much. Also, we've had this leapfrog ABC refridgerator magnet toy that she has loved playing with for more than a year now so she has been exposed for quite some time. Liam only completely learned those things this summer so I guess they just pick their interests on their own!
I got the background from a friend who sent me this link. I just picked one and had Mike follow her instructions, but I watched and it looked pretty easy. Here is the address.
cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com.
I like your new background. :)
Post a Comment