Well this is a little late, my birthday was February 25th. Can't believe I've hit the 30 mark. It doesn't feel as old as it sounds (although I'm looking kind of old and tired in this picture, aren't I?) I used to think 30 was old...I really used to think 40 was old. It if funny how perspectives change as you get closer to those ages. Even though 21 sounds much more appealing I wouldn't change where I am in life. The experience and the people (big and little) I've known have helped shape who I am now and I wouldn't trade that for 10 less years or even 5. So I'm livin' up this 30 thing and saying bring it on!
My birthday was a lovely day. I started out gifting myself with lots of chores! I know, doesn't sounds like the greatest gift on your birthday right? BUT hear me out, I hate ending my day with a messy house so cleaning up early allowed me to relax and enjoy my B-day later.
Bobby told me he was going to be late because he had a conference call at 5pm so I really envisioned the day being very ordinary,ending with me putting babies to bed before Bobby even got home from work. It just so happens though that this was all a little white lie. Bobby ended up taking a half day and surprised me by popping in at lunch time with Subway! I was thoroughly and pleasantly surprised! (this guy knows my love language...quality time) I was very happy to have him home. We enjoyed our sub with a movie then Bobby cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned, so I didn't have to. Once the kiddos got home it was time for little gifts from the kids and another surprise. Bobby had gotten a babysitter so we could go out to eat to my new favorite Los Aztecas in town, yummy! Love Mexican. In all it was a lovely day!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Debbie. That is awesome that Bobby took half the day off. Glad it was a great day for you!
Glad you had a great birthday! How nice to have some fun surprises!
Post a Comment