Monday, March 14, 2011

Eternal Families



Me with Mom and Dad (Mom might kill be for posting this without her makeup on, but I'll take the risk)

Me and my Oldest sister Lisa


Dad, Lisa, and I

We found out about 6 weeks ago that my Dad's colon Cancer was back after 5 years. It is pretty serious. Stage 4. And the doctors say there is no cure at this point. Most recently we found out he has 10-15 masses in his brain, which has been adversely affecting his motor skills on the left side of his body. He started radiation almost a week ago. He will have 10 days of radiation followed by a two week break then Chemo. He hope to regain movement in his leg with the radiation then physical therapy but there just is no knowing. He has a lot of faith. More than me I'm affraid. I hope and pray but I tend to be more of a realist and worrier. At least I an find peace in the gospel and knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. My sister and I had a couple of days down there with him and my Mom. It was nice to be able to visit without all of the children needing things (except of course Avery, who enjoyed all the attention). All of my siblings and families will be getting together in two weeks with the feeling that this will likely be the last time we are ALL together with both of my parents on this earth. It will be sweet (and a little crazy too I'm sure).

4 comments:

The Oman Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad.That will be nice to have everyone together again though.

Charisse said...

Just last night Blake said to me during FHE, "Heavenly Father doesn't always answer our prayers the way that we would like, but He knows what is best." He is six.

I am praying for you and your sweet family.

Cassavaugh Family said...

Debbie, what nice pictures. You will cherish them and I'm glad you shared. It is nice to have the peace that the gospel brings, even though it doesn't fix our mortal emotions.

Hugs

Honey said...

Debbie, I am so sorry. That must be so hard. You're in our thoughts and prayers.