Family Home Evening the last two weeks has been nothing short of a miracle, seriously. Usually we spend 30min-1hour stopping to get them back in the same room, and once they are in the same room they are climbing all over the place or whining about what so and so did. Then we spend half the time reminding them that the activity or treat is coming soon or threatening them that activity or treat won't come at all.
But the last two weeks its like something just clicked. I mean, don't get me wrong, there is still wiggles and reminders, but there is also learning and fun, sitting and listening, participation and fillinf of fulfillment. This is getting a lot more like how I pictured FHE to be. I'm sure not every week will go this way but in following the council of the prophets and apostles and remembering President Bednar's recent talk about his Family Home Evenings and how he shared his own realization that consistency is the key, it feels good to see the fruits of our labors coming to fruition, even if only it will be tidbits here and there. We need these little successes and assurances to keep us going no matter what we are working towards and I am so grateful for the experiences we've had the last two weeks!
1 comment:
Good to see you finally updating again, but we need some pictures. Hope you had a great holiday season.
Post a Comment