Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nature channel from our own backyard

This spring we had a little robin family begin nesting in the light beside our garage door to the backyard. At first I was not enjoying the eyesore of long strings of dead foliage and blue twine hanging inches from my face whenever I walked through. But it has been an awesome experience for the kids after all. It is literally two feet from our three season sun room so we can walk out there several times a day and assess the progress as they have gone from eggs to new hatch lings and now opening their eyes. I often hear "mommy,mommy, come look at the baby birds...come look at this!" It is so fun! Here are some of the early pictures....with more to come!
Mama bird giving me the evil eye, poor girl. She freaks out anytime we walk out into the sun room.
Daddy bird keeping guard
"feed me, feed me "

Daddy giving the babies some lunch

1 comment:

Melanie said...

So neat! I bet the kids loved it!