Monday, February 25, 2008

4 going on 20!

Liam has become a little sponge to whatever I say lately. Two things in particular make me laugh.... and make me think twice about what I say to my kids!

When Liam is trying to tell me something and he does not have my full attention, he will stop and say:
"MOM, are you listening to MY words!"

The funniest part is half the time he doesn't even give me a chance to listen to what he says before he says that to me. He probably thinks I do the same thing (hmm...maybe I do sometimes...?) but really it is just that he doesn't hear the first 10 times I've repeated something!

The other thing he has recently picked up is when I request that he do something like come upstairs for dinner or brush his teeth for bed his response to my request is
"I don't have time for this MOM!"
or in other words, I am busy playing on the computer or with my trains and I don't WANT to come! Oh my...... my little guy thinks he is NOT so little!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is so funny. I don't like it when my kids use my own phrases against me. I think it ought to be against the rules. :)

The Oman Family said...

That is funny! I can't believe how fast they are at using your own words against you. Melissa has just started doing that. Guess its a good look in the mirror.