The beautiful table before the kids gathered round
Today we had a birthday party for Liam. It turned out perfectly. He had a few friends from church and a few from preschool make a total of five boys. It was a PERFECT amount for a 4 year old party. I'm so grateful not as many showed up as were invited, not that I wanted to disclude anyone. It is just that Liam announced to his whole preschool class that all of the boys were invited to his birthday party (there are 13 boys in his class!) so I felt somewhat obligated to at least invite them all plus 5 friends from church, making a total of 18 invites, yikes! I planned it for the holiday weekend in hopes that the RSVP's would be less and I had success!
highlights were:
Balloon popping game
Pinata (mmmm, candy!)
Pizza and pop
Cake and ice cream
And for Liam of course the presents!
I must say I am proud of my cake...or I mean Liam's cake! Although I have to confess I cheated by using a coloring page, blowing it up then tracing it through saran wrap and filling it in with the colors. It took a good 3 hours to do though so at least I should win an award for patience, right? All in all is was a wonderful 4th birthday for Liam! (Although he is officially 4 Sunday morning at 8:41 am).
1 comment:
Nice job on the cake. It looks really good. Looks like the party was loads of fun! I am not brave enough to have a party for the girls yet.
Post a Comment