Oh Mommy Oh Mommy
How I Love you
Oh Mommy how I love you
We love what you do
Oh Mommy Oh Mommy
We Love what you cook
Oh Mommy Oh Mommy
I always love what you do!
My dear sweet Liam has been VERY into story writing and tried his hand at song writing this week too. But writing it was not enough. Oh no. He was so thrilled over his work that he told me he had to take it to school and show his teacher and sing it for his class. He had even planned out who in his class, was going to be doing back up for him. Liam has LOTS of great plans that don't always follow through so I didn't really think much of it.
BUT
When he got in the van after school on Monday he threw the lyrics in the van, hopped in his seat and said "I sang it for the whole class today". I was a little surprised (and proud, I would not have been as brave) because he tried to sing a song in kindergarten but he got nervous and shy and didn't finish, but he didn't have any problem apparently this time. I talked to his teacher the other day and she said (with a little chuckle) he just "belted it out" for the whole class. She thought it was very sweet. I do too.
Gee I wish I could get him to have the same enthusiasm for Primary songs! I guess when it is your own work it is different.
Love this little man of mine! He is growing up so quickly. I was thinking about that yesterday as I watched him ride away on his bike to go over a friends house. My influences on him are becoming less and less as he grows and becomes more independent. Oh how I hope the important things stick...
4 comments:
How sweet!!
Very nicely done...but I thought mother's day was in May?
yes Mother's Day is in may but not in Liam's mind. It is whenever he decides it so :o)
That is so sweet!! Maybe he'll be musically gifted.
Post a Comment